When you travel to Canada and you’re not sure if you are qualified for an eTF Canada or what visa to apply for, this short post aims to explain the eTA Canada and its difference with Visa Canada.
Applying for the correct entry permit (eTA or/statistics-and-trends-in-the-travel-and-tourism-industry-in-2019 visa) has far-reaching consequences for you. This will prevent you from being denied check-in for your flight or being returned by the Canadian Immigration Service upon arrival in Canada. Before the introduction of the eTA Canada (What is an eTA? ), every non-Canadian traveler had to apply for a visa. Because this is a relatively expensive and complicated process, the Canadian government introduced the eTA in 2015.
How to apply for Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) For Canada Step by Step Full Information
The application process for eTA Canada is faster, easier, and cheaper compared to the Visa Canada or temporary visa application. In most cases, the eTA is more or less equivalent to the Canada visa. The eTA will only be issued if you and your travel purposes meet certain requirements.
The requirements for issuing an eTA Canada:
- You travel to Canada by plane.
- They stay in Canada for a maximum of six months in a row (the maximum validity of the eTA is five years).
- You travel to Canada to spend your vacation there (tourist destinations), on a business trip (e.g. for attending meetings or visiting customers or suppliers), visiting relatives or friends to study in Canada or for To go to school (also here for a maximum of six months in a row) or to travel to another destination in another country (transit).
- When you arrive in Canada, you already have a pre-arranged return ticket that you can use to exit Canada
- You have a citizenship of one of the Visa-exempt countries.
If you meet these requirements, it is not necessary to apply for a visa and the best thing to do is to apply for an eTA directly.
An eTA Canada is not a visa, but an electronic entry permit that allows you to enter Canada without a visa. The purpose of electronic travel authorization (eTA) is, among other things, to put less stress on travelers on their flight to Canada. Because you have to apply for the eTA before departure, this saves you a lot of time during the trip and prevents unnecessary queues at the airport.